Friday, November 13, 2009

Rattler

This is a true story. I found a rubber snake at the Goodwill and brought it home thinking that the kids would get a kick out of it. They did, but very soon after lost all interest in it. Somehow it ended up under the couch where my dust bunnies breed like...well, bunnies. So while cleaning, I came across the dust covered rubber rattle snake, and for some reason I can't quite explain, decided I would put it on our front lawn. The next morning, having long since forgotten about it, we went outside to get into the van to go to church. My neighbor ran out to me and said,"I want you and the children to be very careful! There is a rattler on your front lawn and it's ready to strike! I already called 911, but stay away from it!" Can you imagine how difficult it was to explain that it was fake? AND that I had put it there? But the hardest thing was trying to pay attention to the pastor and stiffle my giggles during the sermon. Oh the messes I get myself into...

No comments:

Post a Comment