Friday, September 4, 2009
















We returned yesterday from our overnight trip to Oceanside. Our favorite hotel across the country is always LaQuinta. They can always be trusted. When we got there, the girls were practically jumping off the walls with excitment (I guess we should take them out more often). They explored every nook and cranny and every drawer of the room. Imagine their excitment when they saw the frebie shampoo and soaps! I feel like a Hilly Billy telling you this! We settled in, changed into our jammies and played a couple of games of "Pickles". It's a great game of cards which I am guessing is like the B.S. game. Not sure though as I have not played it. The next morning we went to the pier. There is something wrong with going to the ocean and not getting your feet wet and sandy. It was beautiful with a warm breeze that mingled the scent of wild Jasmine and the salty fragrance of the sea. Along the pier there were men and women fishing, and sometimes they would leave their poles leaning along the pier while they visited with the each other. No one was willing to have their picture taken though, how unfriendly is that? Aren't they there for my benefit? I guess no one told them. After playing on the beach a while and meeting Michelle and her two cute little boys, we headed off to visit the mission San Luis Rey. Now I am sorry if I offend any historians out there, but this mission which they proudly refered to as the KING of the missions, was EXACTLY the same as anyother mission we have visited, and believe you me, we've seen ALOT! And explain to me this: why is no photography allowed in the building? Are they afraid we will copy their decorating ideas? Or is it that they think we are making a map so we can return later and steal those authentic Native American arrowheads and adobe bricks?Hmmm..... I look forward to sharing more exciting adventures with you in the future. Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi, thanks for stopping over to my blog and welcome to blogging! xo, suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your warm welcome Suzy, I hope you come back to visit me again real soon!-Jodi

    ReplyDelete