Sunday, September 6, 2009
















We are fortunate to have a farmers market near our house. Every Thursday at the college, Local farmers and crafters bring their wares to sell from 8am to 12:30. It is a feast for the senses. The scent of BBQ mingles with sunflowers and sweet peas. Vegetable stands offer samples, and the locals walk along enjoying it all. The last time we went there was even a stand that sold deep fried pickles, Twinkies and Snickers bars! We tried the Twinkie. I expected that it would be coated in a tempura batter but it was not. At least we can say we have tried one. The strawberries were insanely delcious, and the apples were perfectly tart and sweet. I tried a new one called Jazz. It would be great for an apple crisp. The kids and I all enjoyed the trip, and I will be sure to come back when they are in school. Speaking of school, The youngest starts on Tuesday, the middle one started 8th grade two weeks ago and my oldest started college! Where does the time go? I am looking forward to the routine of school and Bible study that starts in October. I guess I'm too undiciplined to get much done without a set schedule to abide by. How about you, do you like the carefree days of summer, or the strict schedule of school days? I'd love to hear from you. I will be posting some tasty fall recipes soon....

1 comment: