Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I don't know if you loved watching The Food Networks "Next Food Networks Star" as much as I did, (go Melissa!) but if you haven't watched the $10. Dinners show, you oughtta! Here is a recipe adapted from Melissa De Arabia that I tried tonight:
Braised pork
Enough pork for your family
1 entire celery bunch chopped
2 medium carrots cut up
1 onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 cup red wine
1 cup beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
2-3Tbs flour
After seasoning, brown pork on all sides in a little olive oil and remove from pan. Saute vegetables (adding garlic later) then add flour, red wine and beef broth. Put meat back into pan, and bake in a covered dish for 3 hours. Oh so yummy! Almost my entire family loved this. With the exception of course of my ultra picky eater. BUT she did eat it all, so maybe she DID like it, but just wouldn't admit to it...I wouldn't put it past her. I have a theory that my children are conspiring to drive me insane. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment