Friday, September 11, 2009

As we all remember those who died 9-11-01, lets also remember those who are still here. Those who remain, and do what we can to make their lives better. This is the only satisfaction in life. To serve others. What else brings us lasting joy? Does a new car, or house? How about those cute shoes? Could another yard of that beautiful fabric? No. The happiness we get from having those things always wears off. I challenge you today to do something for someone else that will bless them and NOT benefit you. Bake some cookies and give them to a neighbor, read a story to your child, look the checker at the grocery store in the eyes and smile at them, cook your husbands favorite dinner. What you do to bless others, will in turn bless you. Let me know what you did today. I look forward to hearing from you!

What are some of your families favorite meals? I have found that the simpler and heartier the meal, the more my family likes it. Heres a favorite that I made last night:
Pizza Roll ups
1 package of pizza dough (enough for 1 pizza, check out the local pizzaria)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozarella cheese
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup pepperoni chopped (my familiy swears they can tell when I use turkey pepperoni)
1/2 teaspoon oreagano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
roll out dough, mix all other ingredients together and place on the dough evenly. Roll it up. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray, cut slits into the roll, spray with non stick and sprinkle with freshly grated parmasean cheese. Bake at 350 till golden.
Serve with pizza sauce for dipping and a fresh salad. Yummy! I always double this, so the kids can take the leftovers to school for lunch.
Enjoy!
Till the next post, Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment