Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dana

Dana is my dearest friend. We met in fourth grade in Mrs. Fishers class at Franklin Elementary school in Redlands. We had many things in common including fathers in military, two brothers, our faith, our school of course, and a wicked sense of humor.We would often do mischievious little pranks including locking all the doors in the bathroom with a penny, and passing notes in class. We thought it was very naughty to secretly chew gum during school and would go to great lengths to avoid being caught by Old Eagle Eyes (Mrs. Hargrave the science teacher). As we continued in our education, our friendship became stronger and came to include talks about boys (our favorite topic). We progressed to Junior high. In 8th grade Dana moved out of state. I was devistated. Other friendships came and went, but no one could compare to Dana. Years passed and I thought of her often. When my brother was about to graduate from Army medical training, my Mom and I decided to fly out and watch him get his certificate. I remembered that Dana had moved nearby that military base so I tried looking her up. My dad eventualy was able to find her parents number online, and I got ahold of her and asked if we could come by to say hi while we were out there. Being gracious and generous, she insisted that we stay at her house while we were there. When I saw her for the first time in about 9 years, she gave me the biggest bear hug. And when we began to catch up, it was as if NO time had passed. We picked up exactly where our friendship had left off. Since then, about 9 years have passed. We have been there for each other through the storms of life, and the good weather. When I need advice, encouragement, or a good kick in the rear, I can pick up the phone and call Dana, and she will give me what I need. We try to see each other at least once a year and when we do we have such a great time! Yard sales and thrift stores, shopping and eating. She even became my childrens God mother. I have such peace knowing that if anything ever happened to Jeff and myself, that Dana would raise my children in a God centered, wholesome loving home. I would not want it any other way. I trust her completly. God has truly blessed me with Dana and our friendship. She is my sister of the heart. I hope you have a friend as dear as mine. Life is so much sweeter ! I'd love to hear about your "Bestest Friend". Leave me a comment and tell me about the Dana in your life. Till next time, Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment