Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ode to doughuts

Something bad recently happened to me. I have never cared about doughnuts, I could care less whether or not I had one. Everyone else would ooh and aaah when a box a doughnuts was opened but me? Take it or leave it. Until.......about six months ago. The day started out like any other. I was at the grocery store buying milk and what not. As I walked by the doughnut stand I decided to buy one for each family member, as our Type 1 diabetic was in school already (diabetes and doughnuts don't go well together if you didn't already know) and we don't have them with her. And I thought to my self, "Self, why don't you get one for you as well?" So I did. Here's what happened, as I bit into that fluffy-sugar-glazed-deep-fried-dough, something inside me changed. I actually ENJOYED it! Maybe enjoyed is the wrong word, maybe I should say I rapturously enjoyed it. Not only did Ienjoy it, but I wanted another one, not only did I want another one, but if I was alone with that box of donughts I might have even had a third one. I can't say what took place, but now I am a doughnut junkie. I avoid them at all costs, because one just isn't enough. I even had a doughnut dream the other night. It involved me and a chocolate crueller and a glaze....It's a sad sad thing to see. So if you ever come over for a cuppa, DON"T bring that pink box with you. Keep me away from Winchelles, Dunkin' and Krispie Kreme. I don't want to see them, smell them or even think of them. Don't even say the "D" word within my ear shot. Pray for me Sistahs! Until I am delived from this affliction...

1 comment: