Thursday, October 29, 2009

Giving Thanks?

I just read the November 2009 issue of Country Living and must say that I am repulsed at the level of "Political Correctness" in the article on page 105 by Matt and Ted Lee. Let me quote,"Though the menu and guests may have changed over time, one element of our holiday remains the same: We begin by holding hands and savoring a moment of silence, remembering all we're thankful for..." EXCUSE ME? A "Moment of silence"? How about a moment to give thanks to the God who not only created us, but provided the abundance we are about to enjoy? How about thanking the God who blessed us with loved ones, and homes, and jobs to provide for our family? How about being "THANKFUL," on this day called THANKSGIVING?!!! Are we so afraid that we will offend someone by giving thanks, that we ourselves refuse to do so? GOOD GRIEF! O.K. Here is what I propose, if you do not wish to give thanks, then you should not celebrate Thanksgiving. It's NOT about the turkey, you Turkeys! As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! Joshua 24:15 (Emphasis mine)

1 comment: